Saturday, September 8, 2007

Children, don't let your parents grow up to be children!

Turn back now, this may get ugly.

This may get nasty.

This will definitely be a rant.



I AM SOOOO DONE!!!

I am tired of being the only adult in my seriously dysfunctional, extended, and mutilated parent - child family tree. I promise never to put my children through the pain, agony and pressure of being constantly dragged down by me. Mom if you are reading this...you've come a long way so please don't think that this was created for you.

DAD ON THE OTHER HAND! If by some miracle you are reading this, maybe it is for the best. Maybe these are all things I should have said or written, or had tattooed a long time ago.


  • I AM NOT YOUR PARENT!

  • I should not feel obligated to loan you money

  • You should not be asking

  • I should not hear things "through the grapevine"

  • You should not be lying to me

  • I should not be meant to feel like a hotel

  • You should have your own place.

  • I should not feel guilty for having, and wanting more

  • You should not be taking advantage of it.

  • I should not have to live down your reputation

  • You should not be so proud of it.

At what point do "kids" ( and I use the term lightly) earn the right to say...


"NO"!


I am 27 years old. I have 2 beautiful children and a significant other who love me. I have a job, and I work hard. I have friends I will do anything for, and those who I know would do for me. I have sisters that mean the world to me.

I DO NOT NEED YOUR CRAP!

I have a life. This life has dishes, laundry, and bill payments of my own.I don't need yours too. It also has barbeques with friends, outings to the park, playing outside with kids, and story time. Not that you would know.

I'm sure that you love me, and I am sure that you love my kids. It's not enough.

Be an adult. Take some responsibility. Be accountable. But please before it's too late....

GROW UP!

1 comment:

Cass said...

WOW...I hope that you feel better! I know that you have been holding that in for years now....give it soem more time and maybe you'll get to say this all to his face (unless you have!)