Friday, September 14, 2007

It makes the world go round.....


It never ceases to amaze me, the number of people in my generation who take what they have for granted. Don't get me wrong....I have a pretty wonderful family, who would do whatever they could for me. The fact of the matter is that we are not financially endowed. We share what we can and bust our asses to pay for the rest.
I have some friends who are very lucky. So lucky they don't even look at it as a blessing. When they get into a jam, or have a little more debt than they feel comfortable with, they call mommy or daddy and someone comes rushing to bail them out. I do not blame them for being lucky. I certainly do not blame the parents for helping, or being able to help. What frustrates me is that the same people who have this fortunate relationship with those who are financially endowed, are the people who complain or talk the most about money. Why is that? Don't they see it?
I am very lucky. I have two children who are spoiled beyond compare. No matter what the situation they come first. In my eyes that is the way it should be. Sure Dave and I take the backseat, and sometimes we have to wait, and work a little harder for things we want. I think that makes us appreciate them a little more when we finally get them. So for anyone who is reading this that may have money whenever they need it...Congratulations. Enjoy it, but be appreciative of it. As for the rest of us.....keep trying. Every dog has its day.

2 comments:

Cass said...

I know of a certain someone that you may have had in mind when writing this! But you are right, if money comes easily, be thankful for it! Yes, I own a house, but we are/have worked hard to get and stay where we are too ~ and I love every second of it!
I hope that things will slow down for the 2 of you someday and you will reap the rewards!

Sam said...

thank you, it's nice to hear understanding, from someone who has actually been there.