Friday, September 7, 2007

Separation.....

How do you separate?
Work from personal, right from wrong, frustration from anger. I find it too easy lately to let my frustration turn to anger. I have to keep putting myself in check and saying," Wow was it really worth all that. " I have come to the conclusion that my bullshit meter is broken. I find it increasingly difficult to listen to peoples ramblings, when the answer seems so common sense.
I consider myself a pretty good listener.( We all have our days) And of course there are many problems with which there are no answers, or so many answers you couldn't possibly offer the right one. In those situations, I am happy to listen and offer all the help or wisdom ( what I have anyway) I can give, or just listen and nod and say ummhmm when necessary if that's what is needed. We all know sometimes that is just as important.
BUT GOOD GRIEF!!!!
Not everything is rocket science. There are questions that can be answered easily with a little good old fashioned slow the hell down and think for a minute. Look at the big picture. Sometimes the answer is right in front of you. COMPROMISE. You will find a solution.
I think my children have taught me a lot lately. My 3 year old son said to me yesterday, "Mommy, I don't need any more toys, and Keiran can share my toys, so you don't have to go to work today."
My heart almost broke.
The answers are so simple for him. Sometimes I think the best ideas I have ever heard are the ones out of the mouth of my 3 year old.
  • Honest
  • Straightforward
  • Simple

What more can you ask for.

I think that will be my new philosophy to get me through my next week of work. Instead of trying to be a mature adult, I am going to try to be more like my 3 year old. If that doesn't work maybe I'll try to be more like my daughter. Cry or scream till they figure it out. Something's gotta give.

No comments: